Saturday, May 28, 2011

Crazy

Seems like yesterday we were standing in the bathroom holding our breath while the lines turned blue. There have been many highs and a couple of lows and we're half way there! This is my bump at 18 weeks...

Isn't it cute?

We've started collecting 'things' for our nursery and our little spare room is filling up. The nursery room is currently being occupied by a friend of mine while she looks for houses! We so far have, a bouncer, pram and a portacot filled with pretty baby things, which to me are looking suspiciously like they're for a boy...

We also have our first house inspection next week, which came as a surprise and at the worst time as I currently have a kidney infection. Lucky for me I have an amazing midwife who swooped down to save me and I am on the fast road to recovery. Feels great knowing if something is wrong with me I don't even have to get out of bed. I love that woman.

We're also down to two dogs, with Forrest and Tuppence going to live with Noah's family in Melbourne, the house feels a little more empty, but I can now manage the mess made by the boy/dog play time/tornado. Little Penny has lost weight too and looks simply ravishing!

My mother has been coming over more and more lately, with "gifts". Mainly things like plates and glasses, but sometimes with pie and unicorn lamps. She's a pretty amazing woman. I feel like growing up doesn't mean forgetting the things that make you smile when she's around. She's also come over and helped me with the cleaning, for which I don't give her enough thanks for.

Our house stinks like cleaning products...

But most of the time smells like caramel!!! I am addicted to Tahaa Vanilla Caramel candles by Glasshouse.

Total YUMfest right here...

One more week till we find out the sex. Feels like I'm repeating myself by saying that all the time, but the fact of the matter is, in South Australia at least, they will not do a sex scan. There simply is no such thing! So we've been able to know the sex of this little one for about 2 weeks now and at our last scan (where the woman doing the scan was incredibly rude...) we got told they couldn't do the scan, right after they had started it!!! Rude.

Another thing that bugs me. We have no storage space. We need cupboards that can fit at least enough clothes for 2 people but for some reason, just don't. The tallboy we bought not long ago has become a piece of trash and completely unusable. If not because of the top drawers falling apart but because the bottom drawers are being used by our lodger. So the pram and an arm chair in the loungeroom are completely covered in 'stuff'. Though I am thinking I can get away with buying a chest for Noah's stuff as he's in a pirate phase right now and would totally dig it.

Our house is also getting more homey. Its amazing how long it took us to settle into the place. But the loungeroom has been moved around and now we can sit in front of the glorious heater. Yum!

Anyway, I'll stop talking (well, typing) your ear off.. One of these day's I swear I'll get Noah to post something on here!

Tah tah! xo-xo

No comments:

Post a Comment