Saturday, March 5, 2011

Just wow!

This morning I woke up to a horrific sight. Blood in my undies. I screamed out for Noah to come then called Lisa to ask her what we should do. She said its probably nothing but if we wanted to check with an ultrasound that we should call up the Women's and Children's hospital and go in to get looked over. We got there and the midwife looked us up and down strangely. She checked over my records and saw that my last blood test showed my HcG levels at 7. She insisted that I could not be pregnant but said we could get another blood test. I had blood taken and two hours later after waiting in the little waiting room the midwife called us into the exam room and said my HcG was at 28,000. Time for an ultrasound! The doctor came in and asked me a bunch of questions then preped me for a vaginal exam. She checked me out and said that the bleeding was old and probably from sex. PHEW what a relief!

Then it was time for the ultrasound, the only one they had was a dinged up old one. But it worked. She covered my belly in the jelly and got to work. "There's your utaris!" she said then tried to get a better picture from a couple of different angles. She found the sac the bub was in and put me at about 4 weeks. We breathed a sigh of relief that it wasn't twins...

Then she said, that it looked as though there was two sacs. It WAS twins.

So there you have it! We have twins!

No comments:

Post a Comment